If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Disable Park?

General installation and configuration help.
star3132

Disable Park?

Post by star3132 »

Does anyone know how if it is possible to disable the Park function? We are looking at consolidating several sites onto single Allworx phone system and don't want Site A parking calls and then Site B picks them up. We're working with the sites to use Transfer instead of Park, but wanted to disable Park since they are so used to hitting Park now.

Thanks.
sp90378

Re: Disable Park?

Post by sp90378 »

At this time, there is no way to block the park button from working. The parks can be blocked in the dial plan but I just tested that and while it prevents me from picking up parked calls, and transferring to park by dialing *700, I can still hit the park button itself.

Perhaps you could block park how I did but then set the park timeout to be 10 seconds (the lowest it can) to return to who parked it? Then it would also prevent people to pick up a call someone else parked and it will throw it back to the person who parked it rather quickly.