If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Caller ID

General installation and configuration help.
ShaneK

Caller ID

Post by ShaneK »

I was wondering how to set up the caller id function. I see that it is in the video Allworx Basic Phone Features Part 2 of 2. We have outside salesmen that call in daily and it would be nice to have their name there when they call in. It would be nice if we could just look at the phone and see the name and not have to look.

I am testing it with my phone and under my user on the server but I must be missing something. I have the number starting with the 91 and have the name as my cell. I also have system-wide active call displays on as Full Display (with caller ID)

I am trying to avoid using paid tech support but I can't seem to find anything on this subject so any help will be appreciated.
sp90378

Re: Caller ID

Post by sp90378 »

It depends on what you have. Caller ID is always on by default in the Allworx for inbound calls. In-fact, you cannot turn it off (you only can if its POTS lines / analog lines).

If they all call the same number inbound, then DNIS will not help. The only way to really do what you want would only work if you are on Verge phones. With that, you can setup system speed dials / public contacts, and then if they are listed there and call in, the Verge phones will show the name you specified. You may be able to do something if using something like Interact and a contact (I do not 100% remember on that) but the Verge phone route on 8.2 or higher, what I outlined above will work.
ShaneK

Post by ShaneK »

wshrader wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:19 am What model and firmware version is your Allworx?
What services are you using for calls? SIP Proxy? POTS? Both of these depend upon the provider to pass Caller ID to the Allworx correctly.
Model is Allworx 48x
Firmware is 7.7.19.3
We are using Sip Proxy

I guess normal Caller ID isn't what I am looking for. In the user profile under enable Hot desking I can add a caller ID name and number. Not sure if that is more what I am looking for. I don't need it for ever user calling in. Just about 10 people that are not in the office so they call in daily.
sp90378

Post by sp90378 »

ShaneK wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:58 pm
wshrader wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:19 am What model and firmware version is your Allworx?
What services are you using for calls? SIP Proxy? POTS? Both of these depend upon the provider to pass Caller ID to the Allworx correctly.
Model is Allworx 48x
Firmware is 7.7.19.3
We are using Sip Proxy

I guess normal Caller ID isn't what I am looking for. In the user profile under enable Hot desking I can add a caller ID name and number. Not sure if that is more what I am looking for. I don't need it for ever user calling in. Just about 10 people that are not in the office so they call in daily.
That setting is for outbound calls from a user that is using the hot desk feature. It is for outbound calls when someone is hot desked in to another Allworx phone.

The only way to do what you want to do would be to be on 8.2 or higher with Verge phones (unless you use some CRM/Tapi software that can do a contact lookup for a screen-pop).
ShaneK

Post by ShaneK »

[/quote]

That setting is for outbound calls from a user that is using the hot desk feature. It is for outbound calls when someone is hot desked in to another Allworx phone.

The only way to do what you want to do would be to be on 8.2 or higher with Verge phones (unless you use some CRM/Tapi software that can do a contact lookup for a screen-pop).
[/quote]

Thanks for your help. My dealer said it was possible but I would have to pay one of their techs to do it so I wanted to see if I could do it myself.
sp90378

Post by sp90378 »

ShaneK wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:13 am

[/quote]

Thanks for your help. My dealer said it was possible but I would have to pay one of their techs to do it so I wanted to see if I could do it myself.
[/quote]

Get back with us here then please if you have them do it and it works, because as of now without the newer firmware and phones, I do not know how it could be done on the Allworx end.

Just to make sure I am understanding here, but you have people who call in, all call the same number, but you want to know which person it is if they do not have caller ID on their end that you see.

Thinking about it, one could route calls inbound based on CID number, and then can route to specific buttons on your Allworx phones. For 2-3 people that may work but if there is 6,7,8 then it would use a lot of button on each phone for that.