If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Voicemails not being delivered to message alias address

General installation and configuration help.
bcallwx

Voicemails not being delivered to message alias address

Post by bcallwx »

I'm not sure how this issue began occuring, but it's a real nuisance.

All voicemail emails are being sent to the user_ID@mydomain.com instead of the email address specified in the message alias. For example, it is sending emails to x1001@mydomain.com instead of realuser@mydomain.com, as specified in the alias.

I am using SMTP with office365 to send email from a licensed mailbox.

I've tried changing the FQDN to allworx.inscitec.com - it then tries to send to x1001@allworx.inscitec.com!

What to do?
sp90378

Re: Voicemails not being delivered to message alias address

Post by sp90378 »

That is 100% normal for an Allworx. It will use the domain of the system under network config for all voice mail and email functions.

With that said though, it should not impact voice mail to email. If x1001 is set to go to Bob@mydomain.com then when they get a voice mail, the Allworx will do x1001@allworx.inscitek.com but will send to Bob@mydomain.com and the from/sender address should be what you specified in the SMTP settings.

If that is all correct and it is still failing, then please provide the version info (you need to be on a late 8.1 or up to properly support SSL since office365 will not work with older SSL versions) and run a packet capture on the Allworx WAN and leave a test message and let it try to send out. Do that when its not busy as the buffer is only 3MB and we need the entire file to be able to see how the Allworx is sending it and why the mail/SMTP server may be rejecting it.