If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Transfer bluetooth call while away from desk

General installation and configuration help.
Allworx6xCT

Transfer bluetooth call while away from desk

Post by Allworx6xCT »

Hey All: I can't be the first one with this question. Was wondering if there was a method where a live call on a bluetooth headset could be transferred or parked without the user returning to their deskphone.

The scenario being our secretary with a bluetooth headset will answer a call away from her desk but then has no way to park it or transfer the call until she gets back to her desk. With phones all over the office, it would be great if she could pick up another desk phone and take over the call then park or transfer it (kind of like answering an incoming call using * + EXT). Or maybe configure the headset to remotely park it with the answer button? Hot desk login might work although it's a bit cumbersome.

Open to any suggestions. Thanks.
~
Chris
__
Allworx Connect 536
sp90378

Re: Transfer bluetooth call while away from desk

Post by sp90378 »

Nothing can be done to my knowledge yet for that, though I believe if you use Reach, you can switch between with that. In any case, if roaming is fairly important, then it may be best to have a cordless phone such as an RTX to use to roam. Then you can roam and transfer and park, etc.
Allworx6xCT

Re: Transfer bluetooth call while away from desk

Post by Allworx6xCT »

sp90378 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:01 am Nothing can be done to my knowledge yet for that, though I believe if you use Reach, you can switch between with that. In any case, if roaming is fairly important, then it may be best to have a cordless phone such as an RTX to use to roam. Then you can roam and transfer and park, etc.
Alright, thanks for the info.
~
Chris
__
Allworx Connect 536