If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

User wont get calls when in queue

General installation and configuration help.
vrinner

User wont get calls when in queue

Post by vrinner »

Allworx version 7.4.15.5
Phones 9212L
IP address is static

We have a situation where certain users will be logged into the queue and take calls as normal when they come into the queue. Then there will be callers waiting in the queue and the users phone will never ring. They have to log out of the queue and back in in order for the phone to ring again.

It's not just one user in particular. It has happened to several of the users in the queue.

Here is how the queue is setup;
Distribution Mode: Fairness - Longest idle
Replay Status -:180
Maximum Wait: 0
When queue ansers call: Play queue prompts
Queue depth Yellow: 4, Red:6
Wait Time Yellow: 35, Red: 180
Hold Muic selection: Line-In
Wrap-up time; 20
When no angents are logged in: orce callers to leave queue immediately
When calls are received with all agents busy: Allow callers to enter queue
Last agent In queu: Is allowed to logout of queue
Distribute calls to busy handsets: Disabled
Play greeting before call distribution: disabled
Queue priority: 5
sp90378

Re: User wont get calls when in queue

Post by sp90378 »

OK so when you say the IP address is static, I assume you are talking about the phone? Can you let us know if the system is on its own VLAN with just voice on it (not just on a different IP segment but actually on its own VLAN)?
vrinner

Post by vrinner »

Yes...phones all have static assigned IP's.
Phone are on their own VLAN - VLAN ID 2, VLAN Priority 7

My PC/server network is 192.168.x.x
My phones are network 10.1.11.x
sp90378

Post by sp90378 »

What does the ACD button look like when they are not getting calls and have to log out and back in? Slow blinking red? Off? Solid Amber/Yellow? Solid red?
vrinner

Post by vrinner »

sp90378 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:17 am What does the ACD button look like when they are not getting calls and have to log out and back in? Slow blinking red? Off? Solid Amber/Yellow? Solid red?
ACD button will be either blinking red, or amber depending on how long callers have been in the queue.
sp90378

Post by sp90378 »

vrinner wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:03 pm
sp90378 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:17 am What does the ACD button look like when they are not getting calls and have to log out and back in? Slow blinking red? Off? Solid Amber/Yellow? Solid red?
ACD button will be either blinking red, or amber depending on how long callers have been in the queue.
OK so blinking red means the agent is in a busy state. That means it sent a call to them and they did not answer after X rings (should be configurable on the queue) instead of logging them out it will place them busy. So they would need to hit the button to get back into the queue to take calls. If it goes solid amber then that would mean they are the only agent logged into the queue.

Now its possible I am thinking about wrong versions as queue behavior changes a little in later versions and its been a while since I worked on a 7.4 system.

You could always upgrade up through 8.2 for free now as well if you wanted to try that. You would need to manually load the file to do so with no license right now. You would loose Call Assistant though past 7.7 if you use it.
vrinner

Post by vrinner »

So on most of our queues, the "Maximum Rings (before agent is logged out) is set to 12. This particular queue was set to 4. I went ahead and set it to 12 to see what happens but I would think if they were logged out of the queue the lights would be different.

Upgrading is certainly an option that I may look into.

Thanks!