If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Generic sip extension add to page group help

General installation and configuration help.
Jbsoccer

Generic sip extension add to page group help

Post by Jbsoccer »

Hello everyone,

I have spent my summer installing a new network and Allworx phone system in the school I work at. I am almost completely done, but need help adding an Unifi EDU AP (it's an access point with a built in sip speaker) to the page group. I can call the extension of the speaker and it works great, but I have not figured out how to add it to the page group so that it will turn on with all the phones when an all page is used. This is in the school's gym where you can never hear any of the pages.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Ulises

Re: Generic sip extension add to page group help

Post by Ulises »

I have a similar problem but paging to Axis horns.
I can page individually but not all together. It seems that because it is a generic SIP, Allworx does not recognize it on the paging tab. So it is not possible to assign them a zone, because they are not on the list.

Any idea?
wshrader

Re: Generic sip extension add to page group help

Post by wshrader »

Research how multi-cast IP traffic works. It is possible to assign generic SIP devices to Allworx paging zones. Start with the information under VoIP Server. Paging Base IP address and paging port are necessary. Paging is broadcast traffic and it works when the device listens to the correct IP address and port. A generic SIP device should allow manual configuration of this information. I apologize for not being more specific but I don't have this information handy and it has been quite long time since I tested this but I know it's possible.
One caveat, without very advanced networking (GRE tunneling) this will not work (either Allworx or generic SIP) unless the endpoint is on the same broadcast domain as the Allworx server. In other words, on the same VLAN, so remote handsets will not receive paging under typical network configurations.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: