If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Networking, VLAN's, IP's and DHCP

General installation and configuration help.
netadmin

Networking, VLAN's, IP's and DHCP

Post by netadmin »

I have a LAN that is set up with Allworx phones. The LAN can route between the computer subnet and the Allworx subnet, which use VLANs.... but sometimes a random phone will pull an IP address from the PC subnet (There are between 8 and 10 phones on the PC subnet at any time). This is causing problems such as one-way audio on certain calls. Phones are Allworx, switches are HP/Aruba, PC's are HP. Switches are L3. Isn't there some way to make sure that the phones only grab DHCP in a certain range or from a certain server?

I appreciate the help.
Thanks!
netadmin

Re: Networking, VLAN's, IP's and DHCP

Post by netadmin »

The problem is intermittent. VLAN is set up properly. All of the phones have the same settings- VLAN mode is set to Auto, but the phone VLAN ID is set to 200, VLAN priority 7. All switches are L3 switches, set to VLAN 200 for the Allworx network. This appears to affect random phones. We have multiple sites, and each site has the problem for roughly 10-15% of the phones. I have seen call centers using cisco's designate a DHCP helper that puts phone on one address range and PC's on another... but we aren't a call center, and these aren't Cisco's. Any recommendations short of statically assigning IP's on all phones?