If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Allworx Reach app issues

General installation and configuration help.
bpworker

Allworx Reach app issues

Post by bpworker »

We have had an Allworx Connect 536 for the last 3 years, currently running 8.2.2.10. Since the beginning we have had issues with the Reach app either not ringing, ringing late (the caller hears say 6 rings but the phone only rings once) as well as choppy audio at times. The issue is that it's not consistent at all and has made the Reach app virtually unreliable to use in our business.

I have been through troubleshooting steps with our installer a couple of years ago, but have never really been able to figure out why the connection issues are so bad with the app. We use iPhone 6's that are updated to latest available software, and we only use these on our internal Wifi network (no sim cards are installed on the phones).

The POE switch we have is an HP-48G I believe, and we are using 6 Unifi AP-AC-LR access points spread throughout our retail store. As well there is no 3rd party firewall between the Allworx server and the internet access, Allworx server is setup to enable Nat and Firewall. I keep thinking that somehow the server is not setup correctly or perhaps maybe just one thing isn't checked but unsure of where to start, does anyone else have issues like this with the Reach app?
scottap

Re: Allworx Reach app issues

Post by scottap »

I am with you. I've been working with Allworx for four years and have never found Reach to be particularly reliable. All sorts of odd behavior. Sometimes it works great, sometimes just OK, sometimes really bad. Just not reliable. However, Reach does require firmware 8.3 or above with iOS12. I just recently had to install 8.3.12.3, which I had to get direct from Allworx, because of similar Reach problems that you mentioned. Best of luck. Be sure to back up your server before touching the firmware!!!