If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Dial By Name Conflicts

General installation and configuration help.
RichardLS

Dial By Name Conflicts

Post by RichardLS »

I have a situation where if someone tries to dial a person by name, it goes to others who have the same first initial of the last name. All users have their first and last names spelled out when I check the "Users" screen, but here is the problem: When caller try to reach a user whose name is Alex O******, by pressing 2 for A or 6 for O, it doesn't wait for a second number and starts dialing another user (Bruce **** if they press 2 or Mark ***** if they press 6). How do I get this resolved?
SOHO

Re: Dial By Name Conflicts

Post by SOHO »

To be in the dial by name directory each user MUST record their recorded name. You can tell if this has been done by looking in the users screen and next to the icon of a sheet of paper you will see a red dot next to some peoples names. These are the folks that have not recorded their recorded name. Once they do, all your users will be reachable via dial by name.
QuintonSi

Re: Dial By Name Conflicts

Post by QuintonSi »

Is there a way to prompt people to do this somehow?