If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Security Certificate

General installation and configuration help.
AlexJensen

Security Certificate

Post by AlexJensen »

I am not an expert with security certificates but I have been dealing with it for years. With Microsoft Edge (or any other browser), when you first go to the admin web page, it tells you "This site is not secure" and then you have to click details, then onto the web page. How can you create a certificate that the web browser will like? Do you install it on the server or on your computer? I just want to eliminate that step when logging into the server. Some insite into this annoyance would be helpful.
AlexJensen

Re: Security Certificate

Post by AlexJensen »

I am also getting this message when trying to access the system "The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit." I assume that means the hostname is invalid under "Configuration" so what does everyone else put in that spot?
Allworx6xCT

Re: Security Certificate

Post by Allworx6xCT »

You need to install the certificate into your trusted authority. To do this, you need to export the certificate from the allworx server and manually install it into your computer's trusted root certificate authority.

This can be done generally by clicking on the lock on your browser > click on certificate > export the certificate to your desktop > open certificates manager on your pc (start >run > certificate) > click on trusted root certification then certificates > right click to import the exported certificate from your desktop
~
Chris
__
Allworx Connect 536