If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Upgrade File Recovery?

General installation and configuration help.
notjb

Upgrade File Recovery?

Post by notjb »

Hello!

I had an AllWorx box at a location blow up over the weekend. Web UI is responsive, always boots in to Safe Mode however. Flash card is installed / appears stable. We're no longer contracted with our Allworx Partner.

In order to get the software functioning, I believe I need the upgrade file. Can I pull the files from other Allworx systems on the network? If so, how?

Running Allworx in a multi-site setup. Version 7.7.6.4. OfficeSafe install is nowhere to be seen. Not sure I can reinstall this from the web gui either.

Thank you for any help.
wshrader

Re: Upgrade File Recovery?

Post by wshrader »

Try a new power supply. I have seen a failing 12v/1A power supply cause a 6x to only boot in safe mode.

If that doesn't work and you don't have a backup, try another CF card just to make sure your existing one isn't the problem. You have very few easy options without a backup file.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
notjb

Post by notjb »

I did end up trying the power supply - no luck. Same issue. Booted in to safe mode.

I don't have a CF card lying around to try. I've reached out to our previous Allworx Partner to see if they can provide me with the upgrade file.

I'm not too worried about the configuration. I just want to get the phones up and running.

Thank you for your reply.
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

Upgrading from Safe Mode will wipe out your configuration. I think Allworx should be able to recommend a vendor in your area but I have no experience from that side of things.
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

In case you haven't, did you try mounting the CF card and selecting "Reboot in Normal Mode"?
If you're in a situation where you have nothing to lose, you can even try converting to a USB drive.
notjb

Post by notjb »

Did try mounting CF and rebooting in normal. Went back to safe mode.

Partner got back to me. They were able to provide me with my upgrade file and necessary licensing. Server is functioning. I'll be back on site tomorrow to get things finished up.