If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Vlans and paging

General installation and configuration help.
swakefield

Vlans and paging

Post by swakefield »

I am currently going through a RE-IP of my network. I am switching my ports at the switch level to access and have them on a vlan. My phone system is still on the original network, which is just a flat non vlanned network. The phones show up fine in the allworx admin page with the new vlan IP addresses, the only issue I am currently running into is that paging doesn't work for phones that are on the new vlan. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
KeithH

Re: Vlans and paging

Post by KeithH »

We are in the same boat. Our Allworx 536 is on VLAN 1, and our phones are on VLAN 10, and we get no pages. Calling and everything else works great. If we move two or more phones over to VLAN 1, then paging works correctly. Any phones that are on VLAN 10, paging does not work. We want to leave everything configured the way it is now with phones on the separate VLAN than the 536. If nothing else, assistance with having the phones on the same VLAN as the 536 and not have issues with call quality would be greatly appreciated.
wshrader

Re: Vlans and paging

Post by wshrader »

Why would you not want the phone server on the voice VLAN?
The Connect 536 has 3 Ethernet ports. You can configure one of those as the voice VLAN for communication with the phones and the other Ethernet ports for adminstrative access if that's what you need.
You can also mess with the multi-cast (paging) address under Servers>VoIP Server to see if that helps.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: