If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Dead Allworx?

General installation and configuration help.
mikekim

Dead Allworx?

Post by mikekim »

Was having some issues today where I couldn't hear incoming calls. I cycled power to the Allworx unit and my incoming LAN modem. Then the first 8 lights on my Allworx all turned solid amber. LAN light blinked normally.
I cycled power to the Allworx unit again, and not there's no power. The power light remains on, unless I press the power power, then it comes on green while I'm pressing the button. The next eight lights simply blink red, about once a second. Can't seem to do anything to get it out of this mode.
Any ideas?
EricE

Re: Dead Allworx?

Post by EricE »

Ha - I just had this happen, and about the same time you did (since this is now September and you posted in April).

It turns out it was the 12 volt DC power supply. Luckily I have a bin full of wall warts - I found a larger one that had a compatible barrel connector and my system powered right back up! So if you are still having issues or for anyone else hitting this thread via search, try swapping out the power brick.
wshrader

Re: Dead Allworx?

Post by wshrader »

EricE wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:42 am Ha - I just had this happen, and about the same time you did (since this is now September and you posted in April).

It turns out it was the 12 volt DC power supply. Luckily I have a bin full of wall warts - I found a larger one that had a compatible barrel connector and my system powered right back up! So if you are still having issues or for anyone else hitting this thread via search, try swapping out the power brick.
Yes. In my experience the most common cause of a 6x (or 6x12) not fully booting is a bad power supply. When I encounter a 6x that won't fully boot, I first try a new power supply.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: