If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Active pages end at one minute

General installation and configuration help.
Gabriel.jordan

Active pages end at one minute

Post by Gabriel.jordan »

I do IT for a school. Long story short, after a crash I've had to completely reconfigure our Allowrx 6x system (running 8.5.9.11 software). I've got everything reconfigured and working, but when we do a page, the "active call" automatically ends at 1:00 (1 minute). We use the paging system for 15-20 minutes at a time for end-of-day car pool announcements, and this is, obviously, a problem. I KNOW it has to be possible to change this because, before the crash, it worked fine... but I cannot find ANYWHERE in manuals or settings pages on the server or the handsets where this cutoff is set. I'm at my wits end. Please help.
wshrader

Re: Active pages end at one minute

Post by wshrader »

This is not a configurable timer on the internal paging. If you were exceeding this, it is likely your external paging was done by dialing an extension which auto-answered and kept the call open until the caller (the person making the announcements) hung up. Is your paging system connected to one of the FXS ports?
If so, configure an extension and route the calls for that extension to the corresponding FXS port.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
Gabriel.jordan

Post by Gabriel.jordan »

No, we're not using the FXS port. We have 2 small buildings side-by-side networked together. The LINE OUT jack is used in one building to connect to overhead speakers and in building two we have a modified handset with a 3.5mm TRS jack that goes out to overheads (both buildings also have phones in each room that get the page). The office personnel swear to me that they always just dialed the 4xx level paging extensions in the past.
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

Did you ever get a solution to this?
keith

Post by keith »

Yes, I am also curious if a solution was found for this? Thanks!
keith

Post by keith »

This can be changed at Servers > VoIP > Paging Maximum Duration (minutes)
Vendor told me it can be set 1 to 30 minutes.

Hope this helps someone else!
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

keith wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:20 pm This can be changed at Servers > VoIP > Paging Maximum Duration (minutes)
Vendor told me it can be set 1 to 30 minutes.

Hope this helps someone else!
Yes this!