If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Prioritize incoming calls per device.

General installation and configuration help.
JorgeArzate

Post by JorgeArzate »

Hello everyone,

I am trying to fix this issue for a while and I haven't gotten the answer yet.
What I am trying to do is assign priority to the devices when getting an incoming, for example, when a call coming in the reception device is the first to ring, if she doesn't answer then the call goes to someone else you assigned and if he/she doesn't answer either the call goes to someone else you assigned previously.

I programmed a new device and I need that device ring at the same time than the receptionist but I can find the way to assign the priority for it.

Could you explain how to do it, I'm pretty sure is just a detail that I can't see but I've been spending weeks and nothing so far.

Thank you in advance
wshrader

Re: Prioritize incoming calls per device.

Post by wshrader »

It sounds like you want do this:
ring phone1
if phone1 does not answer, ring phone1 and phone2

If this is what you want, just configure the call attempts for your incoming extension to do this.

First attempt -> ring phone1
second attempt -> ring phone1, phone2, etc.
finally....whatever you want...voice-mail usually

IIRC you can have 4 attempts in an extension route
Last edited by wshrader on Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
JorgeArzate

Post by JorgeArzate »

Hello Wshrader, you got the idea completely, by any chance could you guide me in how to program the phone to do that?

Thank you in advance Wsgrader
EricE

Post by EricE »

JorgeArzate wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:56 am Hello Wshrader, you got the idea completely, by any chance could you guide me in how to program the phone to do that?
Check in Phone System -> Extensions, click on, say, the receptionists extension then View Call Routes. On Calls from all callers - edit it and then it should become clear. The Allworx documentation is also pretty good, once you know what something is called/where it is 8-)