If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

SIP Proxies secondary DNS

General installation and configuration help.
romeoczumbil

SIP Proxies secondary DNS

Post by romeoczumbil »

I got a SIP provider that gave me two DNS SIP Servers. (east coast and west coast)
The Username and Password is the same for both sites.
How can I add the secondary DNS to my SIP Proxy settings?
I have tried using (, ; [ ]) etx
Creating another SIP Proxy also didn't help because the username (loginID) is identical.
Thank you
wshrader

Re: SIP Proxies secondary DNS

Post by wshrader »

I would have suggested creating a second SIP Proxy/Gateway. It really won't let you create it because the username for the proxy is the same?? Dumb question: Have you given them unique names like "East" and "West"? Ideally, this SIP vendor would give you a single FQDN to use and they would use DNS SRV records which should allow for this kind of load-balancing or fail-over on their side.
Are you using SIP registration or is it IP authentication? If it's IP authentication, the username should not matter.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
romeoczumbil

Post by romeoczumbil »

Were using SIP Registration. I did provide different names in the name field but the system still didn't care.
I did create an SRV record and that did work. But I did that on my public zone just for testing.
I gave all this info to my SIP provider so waiting for them to re-produce the setting and migrate to a private zone
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

I am curious about the outcome of this.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: