If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Incoming calls are being disconnected when put on hold or transferred

General installation and configuration help.
asoto

Incoming calls are being disconnected when put on hold or transferred

Post by asoto »

We are experiencing an issue where calls are disconnecting when we try to put the call on hold or transfer to another phone. I've narrowed it down to incoming calls only as when we place a call it allows both functions normally. The moment we hit the hold or transfer button it ends the call. Not sure where to start to look for a solution. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
wshrader

Re: Incoming calls are being disconnected when put on hold or transferred

Post by wshrader »

basics: model/version of the server?
network topology: what's changed? Did this start suddenly?
My first thought is SIP ALG. This is going to be network related unless you have are using an obsolete Allworx firmware.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
allwrxprtnr

Post by allwrxprtnr »

This could also be an ISP issue, assuming you are using SIP for your voice.
It could be a misconfigured SIP account on the Allworx, or the wrong CODEC (such as G.711A, G.711U)

It may be best to gather some call details (time/date of issue, description, incoming call number, number they dialed to reach you) before calling your ISP, so that you can hand them the information they will inevitably ask for.
Allworx Certified Partner since 2013

If your Allworx installer is a small company, please reach out to them for help when you are able to. During COVID-19, any little bit can help a small business! :D
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

Good point, allwrxprtnr. Call examples! Don't confuse ISP (Internet Service Provider) with ITSP (Internet Telephony Service Provider). Call examples would be given to the ITSP. I have seen though, this exact behavior when using a SonicWall with an Ubee DDW32 and DDW36 series cable MODEM. I cannot count how many times this combination of devices has problems.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: