If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Incoming Calls Not Being Received At Home

General installation and configuration help.
Jshaw

Incoming Calls Not Being Received At Home

Post by Jshaw »

Verge 9304 ....I am able to make outgoing calls. But when anyone calls me, they get a "The person you are calling is unavailable" I am not set to DND, and I can call internal or external. Any advice?
allwrxprtnr

Re: Incoming Calls Not Being Received At Home

Post by allwrxprtnr »

If you're not the only person using a remote phone at your company, make sure that the following is turned off on both your WiFi Router and Modem (you may need to contact your ISP if you have one from them).
  • H.225
  • H.323
  • SIP/ALG
  • Other SIP/VOIP "helpers" or QoS (Quality of Service)
Not all of these will be available on both pieces of equipment. You may also have luck with a full network reboot. If you are using an Ubee modem, that sometimes causes an issue. Likewise, some Netgear Nighthawk routers screw up VOIP packets. In these two cases, you'd need to replace the equipment, since they can't be configured to be compatible.
Allworx Certified Partner since 2013

If your Allworx installer is a small company, please reach out to them for help when you are able to. During COVID-19, any little bit can help a small business! :D
Allworx6xCT

Post by Allworx6xCT »

I have a netgear nighthawk that works well, but I had to disable 'secure nat' and SIP Alg for it to work.
~
Chris
__
Allworx Connect 536
allwrxprtnr

Post by allwrxprtnr »

Thanks for the info, Chris! I don't have any to test with, but my customers' experiences weren't good with a nighthawk. I'll make sure to look for Secure NAT next time I run across one.
Allworx Certified Partner since 2013

If your Allworx installer is a small company, please reach out to them for help when you are able to. During COVID-19, any little bit can help a small business! :D
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

allwrxprtnr wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:37 am Thanks for the info, Chris! I don't have any to test with, but my customers' experiences weren't good with a nighthawk. I'll make sure to look for Secure NAT next time I run across one.
I have seen a similar setting (maybe called the same thing) on Linksys routers. After much trial and error, disabling this on a Linksys (the model escapes me) remote handset troubles stopped.

After for the OPs problem I think it's not a bad idea to start with basics. What is the call route for the extension of this phone? Is it set to ring the correct Call Appearance ID?
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: