If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Voicemail not being delivered to email

General installation and configuration help.
technology@bfc53.com

Voicemail not being delivered to email

Post by technology@bfc53.com »

Hello,

Running Allworx version 8.4.17.1. Had the system setup to send wav file to my email when a voice mail was left on system. It was working and now stopped. When I login to Allworx under users I can see one new voicemail and two new emails. Email is never sent. Also had it setup to send me txt message when voicemail was left for extention. For text message it was setup like phonenumber@vtext.com for Verizon.

Also since we don't have our own SMTP server we are using a mailhop service. We have this configured for smart host address. outbound.mailhop.org

How can I check if this is atemped to be sent. I thinking may fire wall is blocking it. We are using USG110 Zyxel fire wall. We did create a policy for website blocking but we just clicked boxes for Managed Categories and selected the site we wanted to block.

At a loss
Thanks for any help.
jsmith

Re: Voicemail not being delivered to email

Post by jsmith »

enable the debug under logs and look for SMTP errors. Chances are your provider is blocking the traffic, it's common. Look for 5xx errors and then google that error.
wshrader

Re: Voicemail not being delivered to email

Post by wshrader »

You can also try Servers>Email>Manage queue to see if there are any failures there or awaiting retry. If mailhop is simply dropping that traffic, the Allworx will think it was sent successfully. Is there any logging you can access on the mail service? Make sure the password is correct, if it has changed or expired. Absolutely the Zyxel could be blocking it. Disable what ever you enabled since it last worked and if it works again...that's your answer.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: