If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Handset paging across local WAN

General installation and configuration help.
xodus

Handset paging across local WAN

Post by xodus »

We have a private multi-site metroE Wan.

My Allworx server lives in the datacenter (SITE1) whose local address is 10.200.199.230

My handsets live at another site (SITE2)10.0.1.0/24.

SITE1 and SITE2 are routed across my private WAN and the phones and Allworx server can ping each other.

I want to be able to page thru my handsets.

On the Allworx server I see a PAGING BASE ADDDRESS of 239.255.254.245

How do I make this work? Do I need to route 239.255.254.245 from SITE2 back to SITE2 ?

Any help would be deeply appreciated!
wshrader

Re: Handset paging across local WAN

Post by wshrader »

Basically, you'll need a network engineer for this. Multicast traffic is not routable and how this paging works. I once worked with a network engineer that was able to accomplish what you want with a GRE tunnel, though it wasn't with Allworx it functions the same way. This level of networking is above my pay grade so that's pretty much all I have to tell you. I would engage anyone at the datacenter or whoever is responsible for providing and supporting those networks to assist. It's not an Allworx problem, it's a networking problem.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: