If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Problems with Queue

General installation and configuration help.
nihtgalan

Problems with Queue

Post by nihtgalan »

Hello all,

The clinic I work at recently purchased a Connect 731 with a load of 9224 handsets. I'm currently testing and planning implementation and have 8 handsets powered on and configured to do some testing and demoing for the department heads. Though I'm currently having problems with the call queues. For instance I've set one phone to be the 'reception' phone, with the appropriate queue appearance set to it's PFK and set to login on start up. However when I try dialing to the queue from another phone, through the assigned system extension, the reception phone doesn't ring. The phone that dialed in hears the hold music and messages, and it's correct (tells me the number in the queue if I have more than one trying), but the reception phone never rings, and if I hit info then the queue appearance it shows:
Reception
Num Queued = 0
port = *4415
Despite there being 4 people in the queue. The PFK light for the queue shows solid Amber, and if I log out of the queue by holding the button for 5 seconds, it flashes amber. I can answer the calls in the queue by dialing *4415 perfectly fine, but even though the queue is set to ring all, it never does. Also, the queue alarm doesn't change either, I have it set to yellow at 1 and red at 2, but it stats green.

I'd appreciate any help, and if you need anymore information please let me know. I expect I'll be coming back here for help often as I work my way through this installation in the coming months.
wshrader

Re: Problems with Queue

Post by wshrader »

This sounds like something too complicated to get a quick answer in a forum. There are far too many variables that can't be determined without access to the system itself. Are you an authorised Allworx partner? If so, you can get help from Allworx themsevles with this.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
nihtgalan

Post by nihtgalan »

Thanks wshradar,

I was hoping it was a simple setup issue like not having something associated with an extension or not having the system extension that forwards to the queue setup correctly. But it seems to be some problem with actually logging in to the queue, if I have it set to ACD it acts as if no one is logged in. I can't even find anything online about what a flashing or solid amber light means for a ring all call queue.
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

To use ACD, you need the ACD Feature Key. Without it, I think you can only do Ring All. In that case, did you assign agents to the queue? Under the call queue settings you can specify which users are agents. Then, IIRC, those users do need to log into the queue either via the queue PFK on the handset or via Interact Professional on the PC.
nihtgalan wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:37 pm Thanks wshradar,

I was hoping it was a simple setup issue like not having something associated with an extension or not having the system extension that forwards to the queue setup correctly. But it seems to be some problem with actually logging in to the queue, if I have it set to ACD it acts as if no one is logged in. I can't even find anything online about what a flashing or solid amber light means for a ring all call queue.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
nihtgalan

Post by nihtgalan »

Thank you for the response,

After your previous comment about it being a complicated setup issue I double checked my configuration. Turns out you were right and it wasn't something someone could diagnose without access to the system. The queue, agents, and handsets were configured correctly, I'd botched my network settings however. The handsets were configured to xxx.xxx.4.xxx while the Connect 731 was on xxx.xxx.0.xxx, and didn't have the proper subnet mask to talk to the handsets causing some weird problems where the phones could talk to the system, and the system could occasionally talk to the phones. Once that was fixed everything started working correctly.