If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Grand stream fax issue

General installation and configuration help.
Kkwok

Grand stream fax issue

Post by Kkwok »

Hi I'm testing fax function on the allworx using Grandstream HT802 on Allworx 731 running version 9.0.6.2.
Got the fax adapter as generic sip device, it shows it is registered to the allworx box.

When i try to fax, i keep getting this message on the event log on 731,tSip: *** 200 OK timed out (no ACK) on 5102 (dialog 0x125b2744). Discarding call. Vendor and i been try messing with dial rule on grand stream box and no luck

Anyone can help on this mystery?
wshrader

Re: Grand stream fax issue

Post by wshrader »

Why use a "FAX adapter"? You could connect the FAX machine directly to one of the FXS ports. I assume that this "FAX adapter" is actually an ATA (analog telephony adaptor). Since you are registering this to the Allworx as a generic SIP device, you must be using a dialtone service on the Allworx. Is this SIP? PRI? Analog? Are you able to receive a FAX? To be more specific, does the FAX machine actually receive the call and attempt to answer it?
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
Kkwok

Post by Kkwok »

Because it for my remote branch. The 731 is at the head office. I have Grandstream ATA adapter setup a sip device.
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

Kkwok wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:50 am Because it for my remote branch. The 731 is at the head office. I have Grandstream ATA adapter setup a sip device.
That should have been noted originally. You did not answer my key question. Is the FAX machine at the remote site receiving incoming calls? There are various ways to determine this. Since this is a remote device, not on the same subnet as the Allworx server, I must revert to saying it is a network configuration problem. To prove this, take the Grandstream ATA and place it on the same network as the Allworx, configuring it, of course, appropriately. What happens then with both inbound and outbound FAX/call attempts?? You should thoroughly document the entire network between the Allworx and remote devices if you expect any help through a forum. Too much information is not possible.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: