If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Headsets auto answer intercom.

General installation and configuration help.
nihtgalan

Headsets auto answer intercom.

Post by nihtgalan »

I have a particular use case that I need help with. We're a medical clinic and we have a phone in each of our procedure rooms, for doing colonoscopies and the like. Our doctors would like to have their headsets (Plantronic CS510 with the APD-80 EHS adapter) auto answer intercom calls. I have the EHS setting on the phones on, and the auto answer toggle on the base station set-up, and so far all that does is make it so if you press the button on the headset it answers a call or intercom. The phone is set to auto answer intercoms, but it just goes to speaker. It works for calls to the phone, but not intercoms. I fear it's just not possible.

I'd prefer to have the calls ring and work as normal and the intercoms go to headset auto-answer, so that the phone still rings as normal if the doctor isn't in the room or doesn't have the headset on as the nurses use the phone to communicate when not in a procedure. And having the doctors press the button on the headset to switch the intercom to the headset doesn't work, as they can't touch something else during a procedure. We can't really have the reverse as the system calls by default.