If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Allworx 9212L Phone won't connect to Allworx 8.4 server

General installation and configuration help.
jhughes88

Allworx 9212L Phone won't connect to Allworx 8.4 server

Post by jhughes88 »

Someone at our office has dug up an old phone but it won't connect to our Allworx 8.2 server. When I logon to the phone in the reports-about it shows "Boot Configuration DENIED" and "Software Version 2.7.13.2". I thought it would auto update but not so far, any help would be appreciated!
Thx, J
wshrader

Re: Allworx 9212L Phone won't connect to Allworx 8.4 server

Post by wshrader »

There are several reasons why this might happen. Try adding this handset manually by logging into the server and going to Handsets. Make sure the MAC address and the model are correct. If either of these is incorrect or the LAN plug & play option is disabled you will see this error. Factory default the phone. The firmware will not update until the phone is authenticated.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
jhughes88

Re: Allworx 9212L Phone won't connect to Allworx 8.4 server

Post by jhughes88 »

Thanks for the help! It turned out the handset had been provisioned as a 9212 instead of 9212L so after I removed it and re-added it with the correct model it updated and worked.