If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Moving WAN IP & SIP Change

General installation and configuration help.
jhughes88

Moving WAN IP & SIP Change

Post by jhughes88 »

So we're moving and most likely will be switching from a T1 connection to pure sip over cable or fiber in our new building and I have at least 2 questions for someone more knowledgeable with Allworx systems than me. We have an Allworx 48x v8.2.14.5.

1. Is there a way to update the Boot IP on all the remote phones from the allworx system interface, i.e. update multiple remote phone(s) to use Boot IP 4.5.6.7 instead of 1.2.3.4

2. If we were to port our lines from our current provider over to a sip provider like Flowroute, any configuration tips or examples how to configure on allworx.

Thx!
wshrader

Re: Moving WAN IP & SIP Change

Post by wshrader »

0. Update that 48x! If you do not have a Software Update Feature Key, you can update to v8.4 without it but you need to get the update files from the Allworx Partner portal. I strongly recommened upgrading that end-of-life 48x to a Connect...depending on how many users you have it might be a 53x or a 731.
1. Yes. You can use a Network Profile and set this in the Handset Preference Group to push network configuration to handsets. I suggest you get a static public IP address and create a public DNS record to point to it so that you won't have to worry about this in the future. The DNS record would for example, resolve allworx.mydomain.whatever to the public IP address then you can use the Network Profile to set the remote handsets to that instead of an IP address. Pro tip: even if you don't have a static public IP before the move, you can use a dynamic DNS service temporarily. Then when you move you can update the dynamic DNS service with your new IP and/or use a genuine DNS record.
2. I would choose a SIP vendor that can tell you how to configure the Allworx for their service. This is called interoperability. If they don't have published instructions, then at least choose a vendor that will provide support to get your service working satisfactorily at cut-over time. One example is NexVortex. For one customer they even helped me configure the SonicWALL correctly!
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: