If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Seize CO line

General installation and configuration help.
hunger

Seize CO line

Post by hunger »

I have a door phone connected to an FXO port on a 324. I can answer it from any desk phone or from Reach running on my iPhone. If I don't answer it in time, I need a way to "call" it back from Reach, which I can do a desk phone with its line appearance. How do I do something similar with Reach, i.e., seize that particular FXO port?
wshrader

Re: Seize CO line

Post by wshrader »

Unfortunately, there are no PFKs for Reach, really. There are but you can't set them to anything but your own Call Appearances. I think the only way to do what you want is to configure the door phone to use an FXS port then you can assign an extension to it. Most devices like this should allow you to use either mode. I'm pretty sure Bogen and Viking controllers allow this. A sort of less desirable way might be to restrict the Dialing Privileges for the Reach handset to only that FXO port but of course that means you can't make any external calls with that Reach handset. I can think of maybe another creative way but IMHO it's not worth it and I can't really say how effective it would be without testing. So, see if the doorphone can be configured to use an FXS port. That is the preferred way.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
hunger

Post by hunger »

Thanks. Unfortunately, the door phone done not include a dialer nor can it be configured to connect to an FXS port.

Another issue that I cannot figure out is how to have Reach show that the call is coming from the door phone since the door phone has no caller ID. It just shows as "Unknown" like any other call with no caller ID.
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

hunger wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:03 pm Thanks. Unfortunately, the door phone done not include a dialer nor can it be configured to connect to an FXS port.

Another issue that I cannot figure out is how to have Reach show that the call is coming from the door phone since the door phone has no caller ID. It just shows as "Unknown" like any other call with no caller ID.
Ok, this requires me to be able to see the configuration of the Allworx. Let's back up and address your original problem which was "If I don't answer in time". Again, without seeing how the Allworx is currently configured, it is very difficult to advise but you could have this door phone ring an extension which routes to selected Call Appearances and simply set it to ring 99 times (the maximum). If that isn't enough time to answer then you're not answering.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: