If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

9212 handset revert firmware

General installation and configuration help.
Sparks-N-Smoke

9212 handset revert firmware

Post by Sparks-N-Smoke »

An old question I am hoping that will have a new answer (other then 'can't be done').

Anyone know a way to revert a 9212 handset to older firmware then what is currently on it? The goal being to buy used phones and have them work without issue on an older 6x PBX (7.4.8.4). Yes I know it's a 10 year old version of firmware.

As a secondary option. Allworx website still has 9212L's listed. Does anyone know what version of firmware they ship with?
wshrader

Re: 9212 handset revert firmware

Post by wshrader »

1) I don't know if they still have it available but there was a server hosted by Allworx exactly for this purpose. One needed to call their technical support to get the current IP address (I think it occasionally changed). It would load v0.0.0.0 to the handset. Thus when registering to any production server, its version would be higher, causing the handset to upgrade to that. Since the Windstream mess, who knows if this is still a thing. I have not needed to use this since v8.2 was released. This version allows for handsets to revert to the version of the server (provided it was not below v8.2).
2) Why on earth would you want to keep using v7.4?! Contact an authorised Allworx partner (I work for one) and get that updated! It can be updated to v8.4 without a license, but it must be done manually by downloading the files from the partner portal. Labor is not included, of course.
3) 92xx series phones are officially end-of-life and not in manufacture. You can't buy them directly from Allworx. They are shown on the website because they are still officially supported, not for sale. Feel free to try buying them from Allworx and let me know if you're successful.
4) If you insist on using 10-year-old firmware then you might as well get used phones from Ebay or wherever you can find them but be sure to ask the seller what version firmware they have.
5) Are you backing up this 6x regularly with the current version of OfficeSafe? If not, you're asking for a disaster. If the 6x fails you won't be able to restore or migrate the configuration to one of the new servers. This is only supported on v8.0+ The x-series servers are also end-of-life and out of manufacture. I repeat, you're asking for trouble if you don't plan ahead for this.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: