If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

goodbye.snd

General installation and configuration help.
netwerxs

goodbye.snd

Post by netwerxs »

Hello I'm a new member and first time posting. I'm a long time techie working in IT.

I've got an Allworx Connect 536 v8.6.8.3 and have been able to use the amazing (and free) AWS Polly text to speech engine to create my Auto Attendant files in MP3 format. Using the also amazing (and free) Audacity sound editor I was able to export the MP3 file to the raw format used by my phone system. This all works great. However, after all my custom sound files have run their course and there is nothing left to say the system says "Goodbye" in the default system voice. I've created my own goodbye.snd file but I can't figure out how to upload it and replace the original file.

I'm hoping I just need to rename it to some specific file name and upload it like I do the auto attendant .snd files, but what would the Goodbye file name be?
--
Allworx Connect 536
V8.6.8.3, Oct 18 2020
wshrader

Re: goodbye.snd

Post by wshrader »

Do you have the Auto Attendant set to repeat the greeting after the time-out period? If so, it will do this only ONCE. If the caller does not dial anything, then the system hangs up with "goodbye". I wish the number of repetitions was adjustable but this is to prevent some call from staying perpetually at the Auto Attendant. If you go to Custom Recordings, the naming convention information is there and will tell you what system recordings may be customized by uploaded files. IIRC these are Auto Attendant greetings, Auto Attendant Custom Messages, Queue greetings, Message on Hold and user voicemail greetings. The AA custom message is an additional message thay can be played with an AA greeting. Typically this is a message that is generic and won't change whereas the greeting is the specific message that may change often. IMHO the Allworx administration guide has the use of these backwards.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
netwerxs

Post by netwerxs »

Thanks for your reply!
wshrader wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:58 pm Do you have the Auto Attendant set to repeat the greeting after the time-out period? If so, it will do this only ONCE. If the caller does not dial anything, then the system hangs up with "goodbye".
It repeats the message twice and then 'goodbye'.
wshrader wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:58 pm I wish the number of repetitions was adjustable but this is to prevent some call from staying perpetually at the Auto Attendant. If you go to Custom Recordings, the naming convention information is there and will tell you what system recordings may be customized by uploaded files. IIRC these are Auto Attendant greetings, Auto Attendant Custom Messages, Queue greetings, Message on Hold and user voicemail greetings. The AA custom message is an additional message thay can be played with an AA greeting. Typically this is a message that is generic and won't change whereas the greeting is the specific message that may change often. IMHO the Allworx administration guide has the use of these backwards.
I'm looking for the goodbye.snd file. Is there a way to ftp in to the system and locate all the snd files?
--
Allworx Connect 536
V8.6.8.3, Oct 18 2020
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

netwerxs wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:52 am Thanks for your reply!
wshrader wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:58 pm Do you have the Auto Attendant set to repeat the greeting after the time-out period? If so, it will do this only ONCE. If the caller does not dial anything, then the system hangs up with "goodbye".
It repeats the message twice and then 'goodbye'.
wshrader wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:58 pm I wish the number of repetitions was adjustable but this is to prevent some call from staying perpetually at the Auto Attendant. If you go to Custom Recordings, the naming convention information is there and will tell you what system recordings may be customized by uploaded files. IIRC these are Auto Attendant greetings, Auto Attendant Custom Messages, Queue greetings, Message on Hold and user voicemail greetings. The AA custom message is an additional message thay can be played with an AA greeting. Typically this is a message that is generic and won't change whereas the greeting is the specific message that may change often. IMHO the Allworx administration guide has the use of these backwards.
I'm looking for the goodbye.snd file. Is there a way to ftp in to the system and locate all the snd files?
No, there is no way to do that.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: