If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

New Calls ringing while user is using the Allworx phone.

General installation and configuration help.
cjrb_007

New Calls ringing while user is using the Allworx phone.

Post by cjrb_007 »

Hello, I don't have many experiences with Allworx systems. The Company that I'm working now uses Allworx Phone Systems. My question is how to disable or how to change an option to some users that receive new calls while they are using the phone. The new incoming call keeps ringing loud and they hear that sound during the conversation, that is really annoying.

I appreciate your help.
wshrader

Re: New Calls ringing while user is using the Allworx phone.

Post by wshrader »

Depending on the model of Allworx server and the firmware version, there is a setting 'Off-hook ringing'. I forget if it is a user or handset setting. This sounds like what you want. It could also be that calls are routed to the intercom instead of a proper Call Appearance. Check both the user and handset preferences and do some testing. As I always say, update your Allworx to the latest version possible. The x-series can be updated to v8.4 without a license but you will need an authorized partner to assist with that. Current version is v9.1. The x-series stops at v8.5 and is end-of-life.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
cjrb_007

Re: New Calls ringing while user is using the Allworx phone.

Post by cjrb_007 »

Thanks for your message. I will try tomorrow at work. Now that you mentioned, the intercom button is on when they receive some calls. If I need professional assistance, I will contact you.