If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

External Caller ID

General installation and configuration help.
MaxPhoneNet

External Caller ID

Post by MaxPhoneNet »

Looking for some help on changing the External Caller ID for one of our phones.

We are currently on Allworx Connect 530 9.0.12.3.

We are subleasing one of our office to another company but they are wanting to use our existing infrastructure. Is it possible for them to have a different external Caller ID from the other phones in the office? I have changed the Call Appearence External Caller ID Name and Number under Handsets->Modify Handsets to no avail.

Thanks!
wshrader

Re: External Caller ID

Post by wshrader »

This depends on your dialtone provider. If it is SIP you will need to ask the vendor what their requirements are. Usually the first condition is that the number you are trying to send (out-pulse) as the Caller ID must be on the account. If your dial tone is regular old phone lines, this won't be possible. Also, under the Outside Lines (assuming it is SIP trunking) make sure 'use Caller ID' from external sources is checked. Otherwise, the Allworx will ignore what you set for each Call Appearance.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek:
MaxPhoneNet

Post by MaxPhoneNet »

Thanks for the quick reply! We are using SIP Proxies. Is it possible to find out the SIP Proxy that is associated with a specific number? I see that under all of our Proxies that use caller ID is checked for external sources. I will try reaching out to the vendor and seeing if they are able to help in any way.
wshrader

Post by wshrader »

One more thing, make sure the Call Appearances are assigned to the appropriated SIP proxy but using Service Groups and Dialing Privileges Groups under the Dial Plan. Company A should be using SIP Proxy A, for example.
For professional Allworx help call me! PM me for my number. :ugeek: