If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Phone Administration Password

General installation and configuration help.
houghton312

Phone Administration Password

Post by houghton312 »

Hi All,
In trying to change network settings on a 9212 phone, I am prompted for a Phone Administration Password. I have searched the admin console but I cannot find where this password exists or where I might have set such a password.

Does anyone know how to go about finding this password?

Just to reiterate: I'm being prompted for the password while configuring the physical handset, not via the admin console (192.168.2.254:8080).

Any input would be great.

Thanks,
Billy
Stephen
Site Admin

Re: Phone Administration Password

Post by Stephen »

Try spelling out "allworx"
houghton312

Post by houghton312 »

Thanks for the recommendation but unfortunately, that is not it.
Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Find the phone under the VoIP server option from the web interface. It should show the password there.
Skullworks

Post by Skullworks »

That reply above works if the phone is attached to the Allworx server.

However - the phone was reset to factory defaults, so the IP it wants to connect to is way off in lala land - and the pass listed on the Voip server is rejected.

Any way to Un-Brick this handset?
vtjballeng

Post by vtjballeng »

When it is set to the factory defaults, it is allworx spelled out -> 2559679. We went through the same issue when a remote 9212 decided it wanted to factory default itself and none of our passwords worked. We tried all kinds of combinations until we got that information from our rep. It seems obvious but we didn't see it documented anywhere.
kyle263611

Post by kyle263611 »

Is there a way to change that password or disable the web gui / phone admin login?
dstones

Post by dstones »

Just got some brand new 9212's in. Out of the box - default 2559679 password worked. enabled DHCP, configured server IP, rebooted and now that password no longer works. Any way to default it or find out what password is? Tried applying default settings and it did not work.
8Ball

Post by 8Ball »

When the phones boot off of the pbx, they will adopt the Allworx phone admin password located under SERVERS->VOIP in the PBX admin console.

Try this:

1. Reboot the phone.
2. As soon as you see the "Configuring Network" on the display, press the RELEASE key 3X.
3. In firmware 7.1.x.x and later, this will abort the boot up process.
4. At this point the phone's admin password should be 2559679. Enter this and press the check mark (enter) key.

That should do it.

And, no, if you have a phone that is truly bricked where you get no display and/or a couple BLF/PFK lights lit solid and no further activity, the phone is done. You'd have to RMA it.