If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

dtmf touch tone not transmitting

General installation and configuration help.
dbryandallas

dtmf touch tone not transmitting

Post by dbryandallas »

Hello All,

My Voip provider is Voxitas (Appia). The are configured to transmit dtmf on rfc2833 (out of band). Sometimes our touch tones are not being transmitted to remote phone applications. For example, if you were to dial your bank to check your balance you would have to enter your account number on the telephone. We have problems at times from any phone with the touch tones we press registering on the other side (being recognized). I have tried padding the dtmf packets as that can be a problem because of bit size but that does not work. How do I check the dtmf config to modify if necessary. It might be set to use inband instead. I would like to verify and modify the settings to match what the provider is using.

Thanks,

D
BrianH

Re: dtmf touch tone not transmitting

Post by BrianH »

We are having the same type of issues. I have contacted our provider, but we have not reached a resolution. I have found a setting under the Server-> VOIP -> DTMF Playout but not sure if the changes I make will make a difference.
liftow

Post by liftow »

I have only experienced problems like this when using X-Lite over a remote connection - so not really a fully supported Allworx config. On the LAN X-Lite worked fine - probably something in the settings but I haven't looked into it too close. Remote Allworx phones work for me.
Sounds like it is probably an issue with your ITSP which is what you are thinking too.
Test with an alternate provider maybe? voip.ms is cheap to setup - prepay $25 to get an account started and that's all you need, no contracts. This service works on our Allworx.
8Ball

Post by 8Ball »

Have you made sure your DTMF payload size matches the carrier's specification?

We have multiple Allworx systems running on Voxitas without issues.
ChrisHarvey

Post by ChrisHarvey »

Hi dbryandallas,

Did you ever reach a resolution with your issue? I am having the same issue with a customer whom is using Alpheus (Rig River is SIP provider), seemingly when the customer dials into a bridge they cannot always dial into the room as it does not catch some or all of the DTMF tones. This happens more frequent with some numbers than others and then at the same time I have been unable to reproduce the issue with larger companies like HP, Dell, etc.. The carrier and AllWorx support both stated everything looked correct and they saw the tones passing in the SIP logs.
leetrans

Post by leetrans »

I know this is an old thread, but for anyone wanting to know the resolution. The touch tones not working is a DTMF Failure. The two settings Allworx had me confirm was that the SIP provider had rfc2833 out of band set and I had to match the RTP DTMF Payload. That setting is in the Server>Voip section of allworx. The RTP DTMF Payload was the issue for me. You select between 96-127. It is set to 96 by default. I had to set mine to 101.