If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Account Code Entry?

General installation and configuration help.
doom1701

Account Code Entry?

Post by doom1701 »

Our old HQ system (3com NBX) had an option to program an "Account Code" button on each phone. While on a call, press this button and then you could dial in a 4 digit account code. This code then showed up in CDR tagged to that call.

It's a feature we never used, but now as we troubleshoot an ITSP issue (I started a thread on the issue in the ITSP sub forum), I'm finding it would be great to give the end users a way to quickly tag a call that they're on. I don't see anything in the system for configuring something like this, but I figured I'd ask if other users have a feature like this.
wharman

Re: Account Code Entry?

Post by wharman »

I figure you already have this answered due to its age. However I wanted to post it for others. I don't think they can be done as you want, in Allworx you dial 78+pin+number if the dialing privilage group is set to use it. The DP Group can be set to use either 9+number, or 78+pin+number, or both. I haven't found a way to force pin codes for long-distance calls and 9+ for others.

Account Codes are under Phone System > Audit PIN Codes. You can change the ping code length there as well (it links to External Dialing Rules)
Pin codes can be set to be verified against pin codes configured on the server, or just to check that the correct number of digits are entered.
doom1701

Re: Account Code Entry?

Post by doom1701 »

What we wound up doing was having the users press # when they were on a call that we needed to track. Our CDR database is able to look for this in the digits field, and notify the ITSP.