If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Help with VPN Phone

General installation and configuration help.
cschneider

Help with VPN Phone

Post by cschneider »

I'm desperately trying to set up my home phone before my first baby gets here in June. I have a site to site IPSec VPN working between the office and home. Office VPN router is 192.168.0.1 with the 6x server being at 192.168.0.254. The home VPN router is 192.168.1.1 with the phone being in DHCP mode. The home phone does init but then I get a registration error. Can anyone give me a hand at getting this going? My local installer is a bit above his head on this and I'm lucky to hear back from him at all anyway. Running 7.4.3.5 on the 6x server.
cschneider

Re: Help with VPN Phone

Post by cschneider »

Got it fixed! Thanks to Jeff at Minnesota Telephone and the following thread: http://allworxforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=326

Essentially I had to set the Boot Server IP AND Contact IP in the "remote" phone at 192.168.0.254. After that was done the phone got registered fine but phones on the other end couldn't hear me. To solve this problem, I needed to setup a static route between the two subnets. In Network/Static Routes, I clicked modify and input the destination as 192.168.1.1, Netmask Class C, Gateway 192.168.0.1. I restarted the 6x server and problems were solved.