If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Remote Phone Issues

General installation and configuration help.
grifmang

Remote Phone Issues

Post by grifmang »

I have an employee off-site that uses a 9212 AllWorx phone with no issue. Then I have one other employee, both from NJ and on the same internet provider, that lives in a different house, that just cannot use his phone for the life of him. I have reconfigured this thing over and over and over. I even gave him him a brand new phone today to try out, and it still will not work. All I get now is Registration Error, which I assume is something on the server even not registering the SIP handset correctly, but I cannot figure out what. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
merbac

Re: Remote Phone Issues

Post by merbac »

Have had similiar issues. What kind of router are they using? I never had luck with Belkin. Using DHCP? I know this reply is late, I just subscribed.
HDN

Post by HDN »

The reason there phone is not coming up is that most likely they have the identical IP network on their home LAN as they do in the office.
Have them change the IP to something different example 192.168.1.x to 192.168.4.x

This should fix the issue.
Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Yeah, I try and make sure my new installs don't use 192.186.1.X since that is so common.