If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

9912 Won't Boot, Displays "No Ethernet Found!"

General installation and configuration help.
IotaPete

9912 Won't Boot, Displays "No Ethernet Found!"

Post by IotaPete »

I'm trying to reconfigure several Allworx 9912 phones, but one is stubborn. No matter what I try, or how many times I reboot or factory init it, it displays "No Ethernet Found!" about 13 seconds into booting.

The Ethernet port and cable are good, as another 9912 plugged into it a minute earlier works consistently.

Is this a hardware failure of the ethernet port, or something I can rectify in the field?
wharman

Re: 9912 Won't Boot, Displays "No Ethernet Found!"

Post by wharman »

My gut says bad port on phone. If you confirmed everything and only changed the phone out, reset to factory and saved - I would think it would at least see ethernet if good. To my limited 6 months experience I haven't seen anything else to try. Maybe an expert has something though.
corky818

Post by corky818 »

Did you ever have any luck fixing the phone? Right now I have a phone that someone tripped over. The phone will not reboot, I have reset it, and done everything.

It just says "initial load fail" when I plug a different phone into the previous Ethernet cable it works. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
jlicata07

Post by jlicata07 »

Same here. I learned that the Ethernet keystone had loose wires. check the wires connection and retry. Most businesses use the floor jacks, and employees tend to trip or kick them loose. Good luck!
orionmanufacturing

Post by orionmanufacturing »

IotaPete wrote:I'm trying to reconfigure several Allworx 9912 phones, but one is stubborn. No matter what I try, or how many times I reboot or factory init it, it displays "No Ethernet Found!" about 13 seconds into booting.

The Ethernet port and cable are good, as another 9912 plugged into it a minute earlier works consistently.

Is this a hardware failure of the ethernet port, or something I can rectify in the field?
If you have tried different known-good wall jacks and different known-good cables, and perhaps even different known-good switches, then it really has to be a bad ethernet port on the phone, doesn't it?

I have dozens and dozens of old 9112s, and it is relatively common for the Ethernet ports to go bad on them for whatever reason.

Now, I did run into a situation recently where some 9212s were not behaving properly on a new Cisco POE switch. They would power on but also fail to show Ethernet link. A firmware update of the switch fixed that problem. So basically, eliminate your variables until you have found the problem.