If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Conference Phone

General installation and configuration help.
lyndsey

Conference Phone

Post by lyndsey »

Anyone know of a Conference Phone that will work with the Allworx system?
grifmang

Re: Conference Phone

Post by grifmang »

I have actually used a few conference phones with our AllWorx 6x. I have used the Konftel 300IP, which we did not like very much at all. Then we got the Shoretel 8000 series, I believe its 8000 anyways ours came with our LifeSize Video Conferencing system. Very easy to setup as well, the conference phones I mean.
Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Yeah, Lifesize is the OEM for the IP8000.
grifmang

Post by grifmang »

Actually it's the opposite ShoreTel is the OEM for the IP 8000. LifeSize just uses it.
WesRay

Post by WesRay »

I am also trying to setup an IP conference phone as our analog Polycom SoundStation phones are not working well (inbound audio dropping out after 10 minutes). I am using a LifeSize phone and have it working for station to station calls but when calling into a conference bridge it disconnects as soon as it joins the conference. Has anyone else seen this issue or maybe have a fix for it?

Thanks,
Wes
grifmang

Post by grifmang »

You may want to try to create a separate topic regarding this issue so other people will be able to view it easier, instead of digging through the older topics.

I unfortunately do not have a solution to this issue either :-\
gzaharie

Post by gzaharie »

The LifeSize Phone (a.k.a ShoreTel's IP 8000) was developed by LifeSize. LifeSize is the OEM behind ShoreTel's IP8000. It was was the first product LifeSize made back in 2005. Here's a few links to the LifeSize Phone as a stand-alone product not tethered to a LifeSzie Video Conferencing endpoint:

http://www.lifesize.com/Products/Audio.aspx

http://www.lifesize.com/Support/Browse_ ... _Docs.aspx
Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Looks like Shoretel just went eol with the 8000. They make their own now.
adidasrta

Post by adidasrta »

We've had great success with the Konftel analog and IP phones.

We just used the grandstream ata ht286 for the analog phones, or pull straight off the ports on the allworx. The fact that it is wireless sells itself.