If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Grandstream GXP2xxx series (GXP2124 in this case)

General installation and configuration help.
vtjballeng

Grandstream GXP2xxx series (GXP2124 in this case)

Post by vtjballeng »

I need to install several additional phones on my 6x system and want the 24 blf fields that the 9224 has but don't like the 9224 price, speakerphone or general quality otherwise. The Grandstream GXP2124 seems to be a good solution so I picked one up. I set it up and it registers. I can make outbound calls, receive inbound calls and receive in system calls. For some reason, I cannot make calls to other in system extensions and I can't get the blf fields to work.

Does anyone have experience setting up an Allworx 6x with generic sip phones, perhaps the grandstreams specifically?
GtelcomATI

Re: Grandstream GXP2xxx series (GXP2124 in this case)

Post by GtelcomATI »

I have never tried any other handsets but allworxs on my systems I dont think BLF's will work,. Just wondering what the price difference is ? It may not be worth the trouble I think you are going to run into. If you get it working let us no goodluck
vtjballeng

Post by vtjballeng »

The GXP2124 has full duplex speakerphone, higher quality handset, 24 pfk/blfs and costs about 7/16 of an Allworx 9224 which has a terrible speakerphone. The 9212 speakerphone is also terrible, so much so that we have some clearone chat50s hooked up on selected phones. The 9204 phone is supposed to be better but lacks enough pfk/blfs for our use and costs a lot. I need about 15 phones new phones for a new facility I am moving to.

Retail prices:
Grandstream GXP2124 - $105 x 15 - $1575
Allworx 9224 - $240 x 15 - $3600 (terrible speaker)
Allworx 9212 - $195 x 15 - $2925 (not enough pfk/blf and terrible speaker)
Allworx 9204 - $220 x 15 - $3300 (better speaker, even worse on blf/pfk count than 9212)

So, basically I will end up paying almost $2000 more (more than double the price of the GXP2124) for Allworx 9224 phones that are quite bad.
GtelcomATI

Post by GtelcomATI »

vtBalleng surprised to hear you think so badly about the Allworx handsets, I don't run into speakerphone issue but have had my share of bad handsets, Mostly the volume in them gets low so if its at a 8 sounds like its set on a -6 and sounds flat. I have never tried the Grandstream GXP2124 but may get one to see how it sounds . If I was going to start using 3rd party handsets I think I would move away from the Allworx and go with an aastra system