If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Polycom IP 5000 help!

General installation and configuration help.
khoward

Polycom IP 5000 help!

Post by khoward »

I have been trying to ad IP 5000 to my Allworx but with no success. I've seen a number of posts where users have had success with the IP 5000, but not other IP's system can someone that has installed successfully provide detailed instructions.

Thanks,

khoward
liftow

Re: Polycom IP 5000 help!

Post by liftow »

I had one hooked up to a 6x system but have upgraded to a 48x and haven't configured it again. Will take a look this coming week and let you know my steps.
You'll obviously need to create a Generic SIP Handset on the Allworx server.
liftow

Post by liftow »

Here are the general steps. If you need any more specifics with anything let me know as I haven't gone into exact details.
I am running an Allworx 48x v7.5.3.2. The Polycom SoundStation IP 5000 is running the latest software v4.1.0.84959.

Setup Generic SIP Handset for the IP 5000.
Access the IP 5000 webpage (default admin password is 456)
Under Simple Setup:
- SIP Server Address: IP or domain name of your server; Port: 5060
- SIP Outbound Proxy: same as above
- SIP Line Identification:
- Display Name: Boardroom, etc. (Friendly name - caller ID)
- Address: The Binding listed from the Handset settings on Allworx Server (*51##@0.0.0.0)
- Authentication User ID: Login ID from the Handset settings
- Password: Password from the Handset settings
- Label: Text that shows up on Display of IP 5000. I have put in "x#### - Boardroom"
synergyshane

Post by synergyshane »

I have tried this with a 6x with no luck. I am wondering if my problem is with the address as you explain it:
- Address: The Binding listed from the Handset settings on Allworx Server (*51##@0.0.0.0)

Assume my Allworx server ip is 192.168.2.254 and my user id and login id for the generic sip handset are both 5132. Which of the following would I put in:
*5132@192.168.2.254
5132@192.168.2.254
liftow

Post by liftow »

On the Allworx Handsets page, click on the Modify link beside the Generic Handset you setup. What does the Binding show now? I just put in exactly what showed up there for the Address - it had 0.0.0.0 as the IP since nothing had connected...
Looking at it now, it is showing the IP address that the IP 5000 last connected on (it's been unplugged for a few days).
I don't think it would be the IP address of your Allworx server - if not the zero's, then try the IP address of the IP 5000 and see what happens.
I think certain dialing plan setups put the * in front of the User ID, so it's possible your setup would just be 5132@0.0.0.0
VMXTECH

Post by VMXTECH »

I too had issues connecting this unit to an Allworx 48x running 7.6. Polycom phone software 3.1.4 Boot rom 4.2
After many tries I hit on the secret.
access the admin options by the menu key on phone.
Note: default admin password for the phone is 456.
Choose reset phone to default values.
After phone reboots, access the menu again to find it's IP address or pay attention while the phone starts as it will display it.
open a web browser and enter the Phones IP address.
It will ask for a username and password.
Default Username: Polycom (Case sensitive)
Default Password: 456
Choose the GENERAL tab from the phone's home page.
Goto Microbrowser setting.
Fill in the Main Browser Home entry with your Allworx internal IP web portal. http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx being your Allworx server's internal IP address)
Click the submit button. The phone will reboot.
After phone has restarted, open the webserver and goto the SIP tab.
In the outbound Proxy section, enter in your Allworx server internal IP address in the address field and port 5060 in the Port field.
Pick UDPonly in the drop down in th Transport field.
In the Server1 section, again enter the Allworx server IP address and the port 5060. Leave the Transport at default of DNSnaptr.
Click submit and wait for the phone to reboot.
Open the phone webserver and navigate to LINE tab.
This next part will have required you to setup a generic handset in the Allworx server and assigned a user.
In the Display field enter the assigned extension.
In the Address field enter the registration in the form of xxxx@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx In example, my entry was 5110@192.168.000.001
In the Authentication User ID enter the registerd ID. In my case it was 5110
Enter the Authentication password in it's field. You did note it when you created it for the user in the Allworx server?
Enter the extension in the label field.
Click submit.
Once the phone reboots it should work. It did for me. Your Mileage may vary.
Good luck.
philjung

Post by philjung »

Posted this on another topic asking about the 6000, but this might help:

I found this link that give step by step instructions to configure a Polycom with an Allworx system.
Set up a generic SIP phone on the Allworx
http://clarkcc.net/polycom.php

Everything worked except dialing out. I found that you will also need to configure the DigitMap to let you dial internal and external extensions.
http://support.polycom.com/global/docum ... ch_Tip.pdf

I modified the digitmap for our system to
[1,2,7]xx|0T|9,011xxx.T|9,[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx
Briefly, each digit map configuration is separated by a |
- Our 3-digit extensions start with 1 or 2, and we included 7 to pick up calls in orbit.
- dialing 0 will go to extension 0 (might remove this)
- the 9, will give a dial tone when someone dials 9 to grab an outside line, and the 011 is for international lines (We are in California)
- 9, again will give a dial tone, and in our area we now need to dial the full 11 digits (1+areacode+phone number) even for local calls, so there is no longer any 7-digit calling.

I was able to dial internal extensions, and then dialed an outside number. Have not tried international but it looks correct.

Hope this helps.

-Phil