If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Adding an additional phone

General installation and configuration help.
vyente

Adding an additional phone

Post by vyente »

Ive recently been hired to address our IT needs and wanted to know where online i can learn how to simply add a phone to our network. We currently have a the Allworx 48X system and i simply want to add an additional phone. Im able to login to the call manager and set the settings on the phone itself however since were not using DHCP, i cant get the phones static ip address to appear in the call manager. I was able to add it via the phones mac address the I dont know how\where to add and associate its ip address.

Im very familiar with Cisco's telephony system using Unity call manager but this doesnt work the same for me
liftow

Re: Adding an additional phone

Post by liftow »

Do you have access to the Administration Guide? Reviewing that document would probably be a good start.
Your Allworx Partner should be able to get for you. Or PM me and I'll send it to you.

I usually just program the Boot Server direct on the phone and it gets added to the Handsets automatically.
Check the "Phone Creates" settings under Servers > VoIP - make them Enable when you are adding, Disabled other times for security.

What software version is your 48x running?