Intercom audible noise

General installation and configuration help.
lgryder

Intercom audible noise

Post by lgryder »

I have a customer that i set up blf buttons so they can press the button and be connected to another worker instantly. They were used to this from their previous DSX 40 system. I set it for immediate answer but it still rings once on the caller side and beeps 3 times on the receiving side. Does anyone know of a way to disable the ringing and beeping so it is a straight intercom?
justingoldberg

Re: Intercom audible noise

Post by justingoldberg »

Did you enable Intercom Auto Answer (speakerphone activates automatically) in the phones handset preference group?
lgryder

Re: Intercom audible noise

Post by lgryder »

Yes i did that on the handset template and then also check each phone to make sure that option was enabled. But still after that is the result i am getting right now. With out that enabled you need to accept the intercom. I think it is just fine that it gives you an alert that an intercom is coming in but the customer does not like it. Also a new little problem they are saying is that the button that lights up on everyone's phone when that specific person is on the phone takes 5-10 seconds to go off after the phone has been hung up. Any ideas on that also?