If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Handset Paging on Allworx 9212L?

General installation and configuration help.
teeitupmo

Handset Paging on Allworx 9212L?

Post by teeitupmo »

Hello. My company is rolling out a new Allworx VoIp. Mostly we have 9212L handsets. I am trying to get the handset's to accept paging, as opposed to Overhead paging. I have setup a paging group with just a few people to test, the paging is not passing through to the 9212L handset. I also have used 46# (0) for all handsets, as all handsets are a member of paging group 0, but that didnt work either. I also enabled Paging Mode on the 9212L handset to "Allways," that didnt work either.

Seems like I am missing a setup step. Any thoughts anyone?
liftow

Re: Handset Paging on Allworx 9212L?

Post by liftow »

Are the sets all on the same network as the Allworx server?
Allworx paging uses Multicast broadcaster - perhaps it is being blocked by a switch or router on your network?
I had to have our network group setup some specific rules to pass the paging to remote WAN sites.
Didn't have to change anything from defaults to get paging working on the sets that were on the same local network as the Allworx server.
teeitupmo

Post by teeitupmo »

Yes, the Allworx server is located on the same network subnet. Are you referring to the Allworx firewall, right?
liftow

Post by liftow »

Yes, just wanted to ensure server and sets were on the same IP scheme - ie. all on 192.168.1.X

What server and software version are you on?
teeitupmo

Post by teeitupmo »

Here is the server model and software version..

Model: Allworx 48x
Software Version: 7.4.14

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am the IT person, but this Allworx is a new cat to me. There appears to be nothing blocking handset to handset communication, because I can intercom directly to another handset, stands to reason the handset paging system should work if the Intercom to handset works.

Thank you in advance for your help.
teeitupmo

Post by teeitupmo »

Also, is there a particular PORT I need to make sure is open on the handsets, to allow for the Paging?
liftow

Post by liftow »

What kind of switch do you have connecting the 48x and the sets?
Can you do a test by connecting the 48x and 2 sets together through some other basic switch and see if paging works?

I'm not a networking expert, but I don't think the Intercom function users multicast like the paging does.

Another thing you can try is increasing the Paging Max Hop Count under Servers > VoIP Server. I think the default is 1 which should be fine if sets are on the same subnet, but worth a shot to increase.