If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

9224 Phone Issues

General installation and configuration help.
lcbarker

9224 Phone Issues

Post by lcbarker »

I work for a non-profit. Because I'm mechanically inclined, over 2 years ago I took up the challenge to help find and monitor a new phone system. We purchased the 6x with 35 9224 phones. We were offered the 4 yr warranty extension on the phones but declined because, well what can go wrong with a phone. Right? Wrong! Of the 35 phones 6 have gone bad. Not a great experience.

Each phone has different issues and I don't want to complicate this question, so I'll deal with one issue at a time.

Yesterday I had 2 phones set up and looked to be working fine. Today I tried to access messages via the Messages button and tried to use a PFK to reach an coworker and the screen just says "Calling' and then quits. There is no dialing tone in the speaker. I looked in the system log and isolated this message: tSip: SIP: *** 200 OK timed out (no ACK) on 5134 (dialog 0x301d9d0). Discarding call.

Does this phone have a mechanical/electronic issue or is this a software issue or is there a secret set of buttons to push to correct this?

Thanks for your help.

Les
brobbins

Re: 9224 Phone Issues

Post by brobbins »

We saw an issue similar to this. We updated the system software and it seems to have corrected the issue. What software version are you on?
lcbarker

Re: 9224 Phone Issues

Post by lcbarker »

Thanks for the response. We're still running 7.1.11.1. I'd be very happy if it's a software issue. I think an upgrade might solve our 'all page' problem too. But my goodness is it expensive. Our vendor sold us the hardware warranty extension, but didn't mention software.