If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

VOIP and WIFI

General installation and configuration help.
vyente

VOIP and WIFI

Post by vyente »

I have the 48x system installed and I need to connect a phone that doesnt hvae a nearby port. Instead of adding additional lines, i was thinking that there has to be a wireless way to accomplish this. In theory i was thinking of using a wireless router and attach it to the allworx 48x. Then using a wireless bridge i could capture that signal and convert the connection back to an Ethernet wired connection (which i would connect to the phone). It seems like this should however I haven't actually done it before. Has anyone ran into a similar problem like this and can anyone recommend anything?

I'm assuming that the wireless bridge will have to somehow power the phone (unless theses a wireless bridge that supports POE).

Any ideas
liftow

Re: VOIP and WIFI

Post by liftow »

You can get an AC Adapter for the phone if PoE isn't available. Or a PoE inserter, but I would think the Allworx AC Adapter would be cheaper.

Yes, a wireless bridge setup would work.
Do you have an existing wireless network in place?
I have used the Asus WL-330N device as a wireless adapter to hook up Allworx phones to a wifi network. Small and does the trick.