If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Remote User - Change Router - Handset issue

General installation and configuration help.
davidc

Remote User - Change Router - Handset issue

Post by davidc »

We have a remote user. His handset (9212) connects from his home (NAT'd) network to the public facing address on our Allworx 6x (version 7.5.5.5).

Previously this was not an issue -- everything worked quite well. However, after replacing his router, the BLF lights on his handset are blinking-orange, and the BLF light for him on others' handsets are blinking-orange. He is able to send/receive calls.

Looking at the Allworx debug log, the only thing unusual that I see is this:
Debug (7) 07/25/2013 02:07:05pm tSip: Address changed for user 5100. Old: 68.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060 New: 68.yyy.yyy.yyy:1197
Debug (7) 07/25/2013 03:11:32pm tSip: Address changed for user 5100. Old: 68.yyy.yyy.yyy:1197 New: 68.yyy.yyy.yyy:1519

Checking the Handsets list, it does show him using port 1519, whereas the rest of us are on the standard port 5060. I have no idea if this has any effect on the BLM lights.

There are no firewall rules on his new router prohibiting comms with the Allworx 6x, and we have other users with this same router (Adtran 3120) working from home.

At this point, the only thing I can think to do is a port-forward of all traffic from the Allworx 6x to his handset's IP.

Any better ideas?
liftow

Re: Remote User - Change Router - Handset issue

Post by liftow »

7.5.6.5 addresses some issue with Remote Phones and MTU size... might be worth upgrading to see if that resolves it.

I think port 2088 UDP is used for the BLF function. Perhaps forwarding that port to the remote phone on the home router would help?
davidc

Re: Remote User - Change Router - Handset issue

Post by davidc »

I've forwarded UDP 1519 (the port that the Allworx 6x is reporting the handset currently using, for whatever reason), UDP 2088 and UPD 5060 to the handset.

None of it made any difference.