If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

1 Way Audio | One way Audio | 2 Years Ongoing & Suffering!

General installation and configuration help.
OSM

1 Way Audio | One way Audio | 2 Years Ongoing & Suffering!

Post by OSM »

I've been dealing with an issue for 2 years that no one can seem to fix and no one can seem to answer. So here is my setup and here is my problem:

PROBLEM:
At the 2 satellite locations I am having 'intermittent' one-way audio that keeps happening. The customer can NOT here us but we can hear them perfectly clear. They get extreme jitter. In the main office though everything is fine - no issues. With all the research I have done and other pros - this is not a bandwidth issue and it happens even without the VPN's connected as well. If it was then audio would be bad both ways.

Also> the 1 satellite office is in a different State and the two satellite offices use 2 different cable companies so I don't believe its coincidence that the same EXACT issue is happening from 2 different providers.

Also> Just to rule out my inside network I replaced the IAD, the Router, & the Allworx Server. At the Phoenix location I have even bypassed the router and still the same issue. I've been dealing with XO's crappy customer service for 2 years and I'm just sick with all the costs involved. Its crazy - saw the other forum from 2011 but it seemed to revolve around the VPN.... Anyone? Anyone out there that can please help!!!???

SETUP
Main Office - Orange County, CA: (XO Communications on AT&T Lines)
T1 Line
1 x Allworx Server w/ Newest Release 7.5 - Model: 6X
3 x Allworx Phones - Models: 9224
1 x XO Provided Cisco IAD Gateway
1 x Cisco Business Class Wireless Router
1 x Netgear Prosafe 16 Port 10/100 Switch
4 x Computers
1 x Server
VPN Incoming: 1 x Cisco Quick VPN from 2nd Orange County Location | 1 x Cisco Quick VPN from Phoenix, AZ Location | Note: Phoenix will soon need 2 VPN connections straight to the Orange County Server.

Orange County 2nd Location: (Time Warner Cable)
3 UP | 3 Down | Fiber Optic | Dedicated
1 x Computer
1 x Allworx Phone - Model: 9224
1 x System sits behind a SonicWall

3rd Location In Phoenix, AZ: (Cox Cable)
10 Up | 2 Down | 2 IP Address | Cable Internet
No Allworx Server
2 x Allworx Phones - Models: 9224
1 x Netgear 8 Port Switch
1 x Netgear ProSafe VPN Firewall
1 x Motorola Cable Modem
1 x Cisco Business Router
OSM

Re: 1 Way Audio | One way Audio | 2 Years Ongoing & Sufferin

Post by OSM »

OSM wrote:I've been dealing with an issue for 2 years that no one can seem to fix and no one can seem to answer. So here is my setup and here is my problem:

PROBLEM:
At the 2 satellite locations I am having 'intermittent' one-way audio that keeps happening. The customer can NOT here us but we can hear them perfectly clear. They get extreme jitter. In the main office though everything is fine - no issues. With all the research I have done and other pros - this is not a bandwidth issue and it happens even without the VPN's connected as well. If it was then audio would be bad both ways.

Also> the 1 satellite office is in a different State and the two satellite offices use 2 different cable companies so I don't believe its coincidence that the same EXACT issue is happening from 2 different providers.

Also> Just to rule out my inside network I replaced the IAD, the Router, & the Allworx Server. At the Phoenix location I have even bypassed the router and still the same issue. I've been dealing with XO's crappy customer service for 2 years and I'm just sick with all the costs involved. Its crazy - saw the other forum from 2011 but it seemed to revolve around the VPN.... Anyone? Anyone out there that can please help!!!???

SETUP
Main Office - Orange County, CA: (XO Communications on AT&T Lines)
T1 Line
1 x Allworx Server w/ Newest Release 7.5 - Model: 6X
3 x Allworx Phones - Models: 9224
1 x XO Provided Cisco IAD Gateway
1 x Cisco Business Class Wireless Router
1 x Netgear Prosafe 16 Port 10/100 Switch
4 x Computers
1 x Server
VPN Incoming: 1 x Cisco Quick VPN from 2nd Orange County Location | 1 x Cisco Quick VPN from Phoenix, AZ Location | Note: Phoenix will soon need 2 VPN connections straight to the Orange County Server.

Orange County 2nd Location: (Time Warner Cable)
3 UP | 3 Down | Fiber Optic | Dedicated
1 x Computer
1 x Allworx Phone - Model: 9224
1 x System sits behind a SonicWall

3rd Location In Phoenix, AZ: (Cox Cable)
10 Up | 2 Down | 2 IP Address | Cable Internet
No Allworx Server
2 x Allworx Phones - Models: 9224
1 x Netgear 8 Port Switch
1 x Netgear ProSafe VPN Firewall
1 x Motorola Cable Modem
1 x Cisco Business Router
primalchrome

Re: 1 Way Audio | One way Audio | 2 Years Ongoing & Sufferin

Post by primalchrome »

- Are your remote phones communicating with the LAN or WAN interface on the Allworx?
- Do you have QOS enabled at each office for both internet traffic as well as traffic over the VPN?
- Are you showing any dropped packets, dropped tunnels, or significant latency between sites either directly or through the VPN?
- Do you have a sniff log of when calls work properly and another when they are losing audio or you have significant jitter?