If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

User Limits

General installation and configuration help.
sb1024

User Limits

Post by sb1024 »

I'm confused about user limits... I have 99 users currently, and am licensed for 100. Which means I need to either buy the 101-150 softkey upgrade on my Allworx 48x. However, the company I bought this from is telling me I don't really need the upgrade yet. They said to go back and find anything that doesn't need a voicemail box (e.g. conference rooms, temporary worker stations, etc) and delete and re-create the extension without a voicemail box. I did this, but it didn't seem to have any effect on my user limit (e.g. I still need a user for Conference Room X, and just because I got rid of the voicemail, doesn't seem to change anything). Am I missing something, or are they wrong to tell me this? Anyway, I'm going to need to get the upgrade soon, but at $2400, it's kind of pricey, and I'd like to put it off until next year (which will be possible, if removing voicemail boxes will actually reduce my user count). If anyone could let me know, I'd appreciate it!
JDCJ

Re: User Limits

Post by JDCJ »

You can have more extensions than you can have users. What the person said about needing voicemail boxes was probably just short for "users." Deleting the VM box won't affect how many users are in the system. You need to delete the whole user. Then you can create an extension and just have it ring someone's handset, or multiple handsets. (Extensions just don't have the option for voicemail or presences.)
8Ball

Re: User Limits

Post by 8Ball »

JDCJ has it... one quick addition:

The 6X, 24X, 48X systems can support the same number of additional extensions that the box is licensed for. E.g. if you have 30 licenses on the 6x, you can add up to an additional 30 extensions without voicemail/presence. Great for conference room phones, courtesy phones, kitchen/break room phones, call boxes, etc. As JDCJ said, extensions that don't need or you wouldn't want to have voicemail.

I believe the software in the 10X also allowed for this but something with the hardware system resources didn't quite allow as many additional extensions. Don't quote me on this as it's been a looooong time since we've seen a 10X in the place, and the memory is foggy. Just be aware of the potential issue if you have to work on one.