If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Allow user to create reports

General installation and configuration help.
JBG

Allow user to create reports

Post by JBG »

First off, I have recently come onboard with a company that is using the Allworx phone system, which they acquired only shortly before I got here and I have no experience with this system.

I have been asked to allow a selected user to create calling reports, but I am unable to find any information concerning this.

At this time I have setup a test user with phone admin rights, but I am not sure how to get the user to the appropriate place to create reports. Actually...I'm not even sure if phone admin rights is the proper role. Can anyone provide details for this or point me in the direction of some instructions concerning this.
8Ball

Re: Allow user to create reports

Post by 8Ball »

Hi JBG:

Allworx really doesn't have much of a call detail reporting mechanism...

If you're running on firmware 7.4 or below, you'll have to grant the user full admin rights to the system in order to access the call detail reporting data.

if you're running version 7.5 or later, you can assign layered access not having to give everyone full admin rights. There are four access levels or "roles" in the new firmware; System Admin, Network Admin, Phone Admin and Support Tech.

Once you've gotten past this point, login to the admin console and go to the REPORTS section and select "Call Details." You will be able to select the date range of data you wish to export and then will be able to export that data in XML or TSV format.

Be aware the Allworx only allows for 5000 entries in its internal queue before it will start overwriting call data. If you need to capture more data than this allows, you can stream data to a syslog server and capture it that way. Other methods are 3rd-party call detail reporting software such as CallData which is certified for use with the Allworx system. There are others but that's the first that comes to mind. To be honest i'm not a fan of any of the 3rd party solutions but I understand there are more coming out soon.

I guess it all depends on exactly what your management is looking for.