If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

All PFKs Blinking

General installation and configuration help.
jra

All PFKs Blinking

Post by jra »

All of PFKs on only one of our phones are blinking yellow. The phone can receive and send calls as normal. Any ideas?
8Ball

Re: All PFKs Blinking

Post by 8Ball »

JRA:

The PFK/BLF lamps are updated via port 2088 multicast. Is there anything different with the switch port that phone is plugged into? Does the phone do it if you plug it into another switch port with a known working phone?

If you've checked all of that, have you tried to factory default the phone and reintroduce it into the system? I've seen in the past where some phones (on older firmware builds) will stop checking for and updating new firmware when it becomes available on the PBX. I had this happen once on our own system and the BLFs would constantly flash and sometimes we'd lose directories. In our case defaulting the phone and flashing to the latest release fixed the issue.
MikeF1974

Re: All PFKs Blinking

Post by MikeF1974 »

I was having this same problem to day at my home office. Sometimes it would be all BLF PFKs, and sometimes just the direct lines that would blink. My phone has been running for a few years and I had not seen this issue before.

I stumbled across this post when googling for the issue. I didn't want to clear and re-add the phone until I've exhausted all options. It turns out that my trusty router just needed to be rebooted.