If anyone is interested in helping create a new site logo please email webmaster@allworxforums.com

PLEASE NOTE: Allworxforums.com is not owned, nor run by Allworx Corp. The views and opinions found on this forum are not necessarily the views of Allworx or the forum moderators. Neither Allworx nor the forum will be held liable for any information found on the forum. The Allworx logo and name is a registered trademark of Allworx Corp.

Handset ring Auto Attendant

General installation and configuration help.
Cheveyboy

Handset ring Auto Attendant

Post by Cheveyboy »

Hey guys. Its been about a year since my last install of a 6x. So I don't recall if this happened on my other phones...

When a call is made from the outside into the system, the Auto Attendant picks up, but there is a brief (1/4 sec) ring on all the phones. Sometimes you don't hear the beginning of the ring, but the handsets speaker will thump.

Any ideas as to what could be causing the phones to start to ring, when they should not?
Cheveyboy

Re: Handset ring Auto Attendant

Post by Cheveyboy »

Ah, well it happens with Line Appearances mapped to the PFK's, but why??
8Ball

Post by 8Ball »

HI CB:

I seem to recall this being something that was resolved in later versions of firmware, but I'm going to have to test this in the lab to refresh my memory.

What version of firmware are you running?

Are your line appearances sourced from SIP or analog trunks?
Cheveyboy

Post by Cheveyboy »

Hey 8Ball,

Looks like it was due to the line appearance buttons being set to ring 1 time. Set them to silent and all is well.

Thanks for lending a hand!
Will